3b to 3.0.3 - Collision with Any+Time DateTime picker

3b to 3.0.3 - Collision with Any+Time DateTime picker

Will Fastie
I am using the Any+Time DateTime picker in some of my sites. Let me say at the outset that Any+Time is an excellent concept in an immature implementation.

On a site this morning, I upgraded Shadowbox-js from 3b to 3.0.3. This resulted in a JavaScript error being thrown:

    Object doesn’t support this property or method, anytimec.js, Code 0, Line 36, Char 1

I have advised the author of Any+Time about this, but I'm concerned that the problem was induced by the change in Shadowbox-js and wanted to report it.

www.fastie.com, Baltimore, MD USA.

Re: 3b to 3.0.3 - Collision with Any+Time DateTime picker

Will Fastie
The author of Any+Time provided an update that eliminated the problem. He reports as follows:

"It seems that some third-party libraries like to add members to Array.prototype, causing for(in) loops to return them as values as if they were added to the array. 4.1112A (of Any+Time) was created to detect these values due to a problem someone else discovered using jQuery and Prototype.js together. When I saw the line that was causing your problem, I suspected that Shadowbox-js might be doing the same thing."

This is over my head but I thought I would provide it here for completeness.

www.fastie.com, Baltimore, MD USA.