A font question and a feature request

Per

A font question and a feature request

Per
Hi,

I'm new to Shadowbox. I looked at a few other picture viewers but the main reasons I chose Shadowbox were a) it's very easy get started and b) it scales the pictures to the browser window size. Very nifty!

I have one question, though: How do I change fonts for the title and the navigation stuff?

And a feature request while I'm at it. Most of the other picture viewers I looked at let's you move forwards and/or backwards in a gallery by clicking with the mouse in the right or left side of the picture. I would love to see that in Shadowbox as well!

Re: A font question and a feature request

NewbyNeon
Hey check out the .css doc that came with your download of shadowbox and the top line of the code

#sb-title-inner,#sb-info-inner,#sb-loading-inner,div.sb-message{font-family:"HelveticaNeue-Light","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-weight:200;color:#fff;}

just change the font family, very easy!
Per

Re: A font question and a feature request

Per
Thanks for the reply!

I thought I had checked every font option in that css file, but obviously not. I now see that I can change to a few other fonts, most don't work. But then again, maybe all are not accepted on the web.

I can also change the color, but then also the loading message changes and the numbers of files in the gallery. Not the browsing symbols.

I can't seem to change the font size, though. I insert 'font-size: npx;', doesn't change a thing. Any chance of you knowing where to do this?

Can I see some of your source code or a link to your site? if you p.m. me i will give you my aim screen name and i can help you in real time
Per

Re: A font question and a feature request

Per
I have pm:d you now, thanks!

Also, I see that the navigation symbols are pictures, so I need to change their colors another way.
KT

Re: A font question and a feature request

KT
Hi. just came across this thread while looking for answers. so i got up to opening the .css file and even changing the text colors. but how do i change the size of the fonts from here? it's not the font-weight is it? nothing happens when i change this..

also there are several fonts listed on this file Helvetica, arial, etc... which ones do i need to change to change the title font??

i see that this is a bit old thread but hopefully i can get some replies, would be much appreciated. thank you in advance...

Re: A font question and a feature request

CodeMonster
As stated above:

Go into the .css and do a search for: sb-title-inner

You should see:

color: #FFFFFF
font-family: "HelveticaNeue-Light","Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif
font-weight: 200

Change the font-family part. Happy coding