Absolute urls for assets not working.

soulship
Is there a reason that absolute urls will not work for assets such as loading.gif etc? Is there some way to change this? I am working on a clients site on shopify and the way this hosted service works I have to use absolute urls for some assets.

ie.. http://static3.jadedpixel.com/s/files/1/0000/4536/assets/loading.gif

The assets are there as you can see, but the shadowbox will not grab them. I have tried as both a variable option and hard coding the option into the shadowbox.js. I have tried in both a live site, on the desktop with your zipped examples.

Any suggestions are helpful as I have been trying to get this to work for a bit to no avail.

Thanks!

Re: Absolute urls for assets not working.

soulship
Hey Michael,

Liquid is the templating language for Shopify and some other similar ruby powered systems like mephisto. I cobbled together a solution within that framework is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion with the terms there.

I could not/ can not seem to get absolute URLs working from the static files in your zip. You say it works, so I must be doing something wrong..

Before I cobbled together my solution I tried placing a http:// url for the assets but, Shadowbox would not grab the linked assets whether live on the server or on the desktop from the zipped source files. I tried from as a variable in the init() and I tried it with changing the source file for Shadowbox.