All images in Grouped at Shadowbox launch

All images in Grouped at Shadowbox launch

blakerblaker
All my images are within a flash movie. When clicked they call up an enlarged version through the actionscript:
on (release) { getURL("javascript:Shadowbox.open({title:'', type:'img', content:'http://borkurs.com/imgs/still_images/portfolio/imgs/02FINAL.jpg'});");
}

The only problem with this script is that there's no way to add a tag so that the images are grouped and can be browsed with the tool bar.

To solve this I wonder if there is any java tag, actionscript, or way to alter shaddowbox.js so that I don't need the standard group tag, so that when any image is launched it is automatically put in a group of all the images on the page?

Thanks!

Re: All images in Grouped at Shadowbox launch

Wizzud
As far as Shadowbox is concerned your flash movie is a 'black box', out of which a command may be issued to open() a 'one-off' image.
In order to be part of gallery, Shadowbox needs to know (a) that there actually are other members of this 'gallery', and (b) what it needs to do to activate them. Unless you have a list of links in your page's html - one per image within your flash movie - there is no way Shadowbox can set up its cache of images, and therefore no way to initiate a 'gallery'.

Fiddlesticks.... than how in the world did this guy do it http://www.yaelle.com/swf/test135.html

??...thanks

Re: All images in Grouped at Shadowbox launch

Wizzud
He does as I have indicated.
He has some javascript that appends a hidden div to body, and provides the means to populate that div with links when functions are called with the necessary parameters. (I have to assume that he also has some action script to call this script with all the necessary parameters.) Once the list is populated, Shadowbox can be made to initialise its cache from that list, and then calls from flash to open() a specific image from that list as a gallery, will activate the entire gallery.
[You can see the hidden div using Firefox's DOM Inspector, or IE's Developer Toolbar]