Background not fully darkened on iOS devices

Background not fully darkened on iOS devices

mchiocca
Shadowbox has a slight display issue on iOS devices, such as the iPhone or iPad. The problem is that the entire background is not fully darkened when Shadowbox is displaying photos. You can still see a region at the bottom of the screen that has not been darkened. Does anyone know how to fix this? Would a CSS change do the job? Or is this a systemic problem with the JavaScript implementation? I've been hoping for an update to Shadowbox, but version 3.0.3 has been out for a very long time now with no update in sight. Thanks!  Michael.

Re: Background not fully darkened on iOS devices

mchiocca
OK, for iPhone and iPod devices I found this CSS modification that might work. I'll have to give it a try.

@media only screen and (device-width: 320px) {
    #sb-overlay {height: 117%;}
}
@media only screen and (device-width: 320px) and (orientation: landscape) {
    #sb-overlay {height: 129%;}
}

This is specific to the iPhone/iPod. May not work with an iPad since the device width is likely different.