Quantcast

Can't control shadowbox size when calling up html page to display in the shadowbox

Can't control shadowbox size when calling up html page to display in the shadowbox

Deborah Shadovitz
I'm concerned that there is no activity here. Does this mean it's time to stop using shadowbox-js?

I've been trying to figure out why the box behind my slideshows (regardless of the app I use to create them) is always Black and always far too big.

I have been putting my photo album on its own html page, then calling it up in shadowbox like this:
   xyz
(As you can tell, I create a preview, whatever.jpg, and have it or text be a link to call up the html page that contains the photo album. I do it this way because I have a page of many such previews so the user can call up any of what will be perhaps 20 photo albums, one at a time.)

I have tried stating a specific height and width in . Regardless of whether my h & w are exact, too small, too big, or not there at all, the box is always very off -- far too large on the right and too long.

Also, I want a grayed out background as normal for a lightbox, but all I get is solid black. Where in the shadowbox CSS and/or JS do I designate this transparency? (Since I feel I have tried too over too long much to state.)

Hoping I can get the correct answers here quickly. (I did pay to use shadowbox and never asked a question before.)