Cant get the iframe function to work

swmasson
Yo dude,

Thanks for the great shoadowbox, think yours is the best, although, i struggled to get 3.0b to open an iframe... i found it muh easier to do with 2.x - Do you have a full package avilable to download that includes sample data? I found this very useful when i downloaded 2.x - Just realised how cheeky this request is... ha!

Anyways, any help or assistance would be much appreciated...

Thanks again for the shadow box!

Best regards

SWM
m4t

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

m4t
Same problem! This is my error: uncaught exception: Unknown player: iframe
m4t

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

m4t
Solved for me!

I change my initial declaration in:

Shadowbox.init({
    language: 'en',
    players:  ['html', 'iframe']

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

What problem are you having? It's ironic that you had an easier time with 2.0. I personally thought that setup in 2.0 was a beast compared to the simplified setup in 3.0.

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

swmasson
I'm no expert at this kinda stuff, but i usually manage to get by...  can you please copy the code from a basic page linking to an iframe and i will copy and paste and see if it works for me?

Thank again

Regards

SWM

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

If it's copy and paste that you want, there's plenty of code available on the demo page, including examples of iframed content near the bottom.

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

swmasson
I've tried that but it still didnt work, i know i must be doin something wrong, but i cant figure out what, please see below html:-

mjijackson wrote
<head>
<title>Untitled Document</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="doc/css/style.css">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="src/shadowbox.css">
</head>

External Site

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

sivel
Perhaps the ability to bake the players directly into the main shadowbox.js file in version 2 which enabled you to use all of the players without loading them individually made it easier.

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

swmasson
Hi there,

I'm still trying to figure out how to open up an iframe... can you please give some pointers or even better some code to try out?

Thanks againfor the great script, i made some use of 2.x previously and it worked perfectly...

Best Regards

SWM

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

Why don't you provide a test page and we can go from there?

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

swmasson
wow... that was quick... please see test page at my site

Thanks for your help

Regards

steve

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

johngrimes
I got the same exception when trying to use Shadowbox with image files with a .JPG extension, as opposed to .jpg.

Is it possible that Shadowbox has trouble autodetecting the player type when it encounters an uppercase file extension?

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

johngrimes

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

Tkamin
Please note that the shadowbox downloader is dynamic.  If you having trouble with the iframe or any other functionality, re-download shadowbox.

Re: Cant get the iframe function to work

Trevor
I just got it working with iframes - don't make the same mistake that I did.
On the options screen to download the version of shadowbox, make sure you check the options that apply

In my case they were
images,
 External sites and pages,
 Inline and/or dynamic HTML

Otherwise it throws the unknown player error