Disappearing <select> input when using Shadowbox

Disappearing <select> input when using Shadowbox

Mr. Qwerty
I've read through the forum and haven't seen anyone discussing why shadowbox hides dropdowns/<select> inputs on a page as the modal fires.  You can try it right here on the main site.  Scroll down until you see the dropdown for selecting the license type and click the Vimeo, Google Video, or Flash Video demos and watch as the dropdown disappears and reappears.  Does the same thing on my implementation and some other sites that use it as well.

I can't figure out why it's doing that, but I'm going to have to hold off purchasing a commercial license until it's resolved.  Unfortunately I cant have the 4-5 dropdowns on my page disappearing and reappearing because of a modal box...  I'll keep checking on the forum to see if there are any solutions or if I'm the only one experiencing this.

Beyond that issue, the script is pretty awesome.

Re: Disappearing <select> input when using Shadowbox

paulo72
The fact that Shadowbox hides the selects has made my day.

I was using an older version that didn't have this behaviour and the selects were shining through in IE6 due to a z-index bug.

Sterling work team Shadowbox (although it might be better if this behaviour is only triggered in IE6).

= ]

Re: Disappearing <select> input when using Shadowbox

Blair
Really don't think IE 6 should be controlling this behaviour. Can we have shadowbox updated to cover/block dropdowns as per all other form elements? IE 6 has long since been put to bed.

Blair