Flash Thumbnail

bmccune
So here is my latest delema. I have posts that have a small flash player in them when you click on the title it will launch shadowbox (iframe) with the same post but a larger flash player with comments etc...

Of course when I launch shadowbox it hides the flash players....

My question is, is there a way to add a class or something to the embed to make the larger one not hidden?

Re: Flash Thumbnail

Wizzud
Does the response to this post help?

Re: Flash Thumbnail

bmccune
I gotcha, so just use 1 specific type to embed the thumbnail and another for the larger version. I'll give it a shot. By the way working great! Loving it....best box by far...and I've tried a lot!

Re: Flash Thumbnail

bmccune
hrm problem is that using this method forces me to use two different tags to embed and when I do that it causes problems in firefox. It doesn't like the object tag.

Is there any way to swap the function out...instead of getting the element by Tag Name using a class? I tried

var hide = ['thumbnail']; // tags to hide
        for(var i = 0; i < hide.length; ++i){
            els = document.getElementsById(hide[i]);
            for(var j = 0, len = els.length; j < len; ++j){
                els[j].style.visibility = v;

but it breaks the whole script.

Re: Flash Thumbnail

bmccune
another thing i noticed is that when I have the function toggle only the object tag...if I use embed. It will still toggle the visibility in firefox? which is really weird.

Re: Flash Thumbnail

I'm a tad confused, but If I understand this correctly...

You have one page (A) which has embedded flash objects and a Shadowbox implementation that activates on clicking something (those flash objects or whatever) and opens another(?) page (B) in an iframe. That second page (B) also has embedded flash object(s).
On launching Shadowbox in page A, the embedded flashes on that page get hidden - as a result of the toggleVisible() function.

What I don't understand is the reference to the 'larger' flash objects being hidden, because aren't these the ones on page B, ie. in the iframe? So, unless you also have Shadowbox implemented on page B and somehow activate page B's Shadowbox, I don't see how page A's Shadowbox can be affecting anything within the iframe?