Flash movie embedded in HTML fine in Safari, not in Firefox3

Flash movie embedded in HTML fine in Safari, not in Firefox3

jyoteen
Thank you for Shadowbox and the functionality it offers.

I'm having issues where an image that invokes the shadowbox that contains an HTML file. This HTML file has a flash movie embedded in it (airtightinteractive's autoviewer). In Safari, this flash file which depends on an XML file works ok. THe flash file is able to launch the flash movie, which in turn retrieves the image gallery data from the XML file which contains links to the images.

For some reason, all of this works as intended in Safari. Alas, not in Firefox.

I'm dumbfounded. I've tried absolute links, relative links, moving everything to the root folder, etc.

Nothing.

the site is:

http://www.jyoteen.com

the link to the issue can be seen by looking at the 'Stills' section, first row, last thumbnail (site is still in progress.

the file linked to the image thumbnail is:

http://jyoteen.com/xdgal2.html

this is the file that i'm trying to embed into the shadowbox. Even by itself, Firefox loses the links to the image gallery which is located in the images folder within http://www.jyoteen.com/xdgallery/images/

TIA

Re: Flash movie embedded in HTML fine in Safari, not in Firefox3

Wizzud
I don't think this is a Shadowbox issue because xdgal2.html won't display properly in its own right.

Firebug shows xdgallery.xml being retrieved - Response...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<gallery frameColor="000000" frameWidth="10" imagePadding="20" displayTime="4" enableRightClickOpen="true">
<image>
   <url>images/xd1.jpg</url>
   <caption></caption>
   <width>650</width>
   <height>300</height>
</image>
<image>
 <url>images/xd2.jpg</url>
 <caption></caption>
   <width>650</width>
   <height>300</height>
</image>
<image>
 <url>images/xd3.jpg</url>
 <caption></caption>
   <width>650</width>
   <height>300</height>
</image>
<image>
 <url>images/xd4.jpg</url>
 <caption></caption>
   <width>650</width>
   <height>300</height>
</image>
<image>
 <url>images/xd5.jpg</url>
 <caption></caption>
   <width>650</width>
   <height>300</height>
</image>
</gallery>

However, none of the images are being retrieved - all return 403 errors.

eg. first image - Response...

<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>

Forbidden

on this server.</p>
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4
 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.5 Server at jyoteen.com Port 80</address>

well, I thought it wasn't finding the images either until

jyoteen
This post was updated on .
it all worked in safari and I even at one point put in absolute paths in the form of:

http://www/jyoteen.com/xdgallery/images/xd1...5.jpg

that didn't work either (in firefox). Unfortunately, firebug isn't compatible w/ firefox3 but you seem to get permissions error and all the images throughout the site are 755 and the directory isn't protected either.

Very odd indeed.

The fact that the autoviewer gallery flash file seems to be accessing the xml file (that's the only way it knows to put up the 5 'x's instead of the image, but could it be an issue w/ my server path structure?

Ok, upon further investigation, it seems that the flash movie is loading the images, yet that's not showing. It shows an 'X' but I enabled open image in new window and it shows the right image. This proves that the xml file is ok.

Could it be that shadowbox is somehow blocking the display of this flash movie contents?