Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

sivel
Seems as though clicking the full screen button in JW FLV player does not work in 3.0.

Also wondering if fullscreen in youtube videos should work with 3.0.  I had assumed with the addition of swfobject that it may.

Thanks!

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

Full screen mode can be enabled by using the allowFullScreen parameter. To use it, do something like this:

<a rel="shadowbox;height=300;width=300;options={flashParams:{allowFullScreen:true}}" href="...">My video</a>

However, that does seem a little complex. It's not very obvious to someone who's just getting started with the script. Perhaps this should be one of the default Flash parameters?

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

sivel
I believe it would benefit more users to have that as a default option than it would for it to be disabled.  Then those users not wanting fullscreen capability could disable it on an as needed or global basis.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

I agree. Will make this the default in the final release.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

sivel
Although even with this enabled it still does not appear to allow me to use fullscreen on a youtube video unless I run the video through the flvplayer by specifying player=flv and having the yt.swf proxy for JW FLV Player present.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

You don't need the JW FLV player at all for YouTube videos. You can simply use player=swf and do as I've described above and full screen should work. Of course, if you're not using the swf player, then you'll be embedding the YouTube video within an iframe. In that case, I don't think it will work.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

sivel
I appreciate the clarification.  I just assumed that shadowbox would use the swf player for the youtube video on its own.  You know what they say about assuming.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

Most of the time the script can guess what player to use, but with YouTube videos it's a little different. They specify their URL's without a .swf extension. That's why you have to tell Shadowbox you want it to use the swf player.

Re: Fullscreen problems with SWF

SyberKnight
hi michael,
first - i LOVE shadowbox - THANK YOU for making & supporting it.

i'm having trouble with this same thing - getting a swf with a fullscreen option to work.

i used your code example...
a href="FILE.swf" rel="shadowbox;width=640;height=520;player=swf;options={flashParams:{allowFullScreen:true}}" title="TITLE"
...but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

any other thoughts/ideas?
THANKS,
-jason.

Re: Fullscreen problems with SWF

SyberKnight
NEVERMIND!!!

sorry for the intrusion.

i "Just" figured out that there is a newer version of shadowbox that i wasn't using yet. upgrading fixed my problem.

thanks,
-jason.

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

otheroom
After reading this post through a couple of times I'm a little unclear as to whether SB can present a YouTube video (without using the JW player) and have the full screen button appear in the player.

Here is the code I'm using and I'm not getting the full screen icon in the player.

rel="shadowbox[Movies];player=swf;width=640;height=480;options={continuous:true,flashParams:{allowFullScreen:true}}" class="option" title="YouTube Video" href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CAiLgtARjOI&autoplay=1"

Re: Fullscreen problems with youtube and JW FLV Player in 3.0

otheroom
I've figured this one out. Not only do you have to have this in the rel=

options={flashParams:{allowFullScreen:true}}

You also have to put &fs=1 on the href as well.