Quantcast

HTML5, Shadowbox and W3C Validation

Alistair
Hi can anybody help with this , I have a HTML5 page with a shadowbox link on the page everything works great but when i validate it errors:

Bad value shadowbox for attribute rel on element a: Keyword shadowbox is not registered.

Anybody any ideas? Thanks in advance Alistair

Re: HTML5, Shadowbox and W3C Validation

Antonio
Anyone?
jwl

Re: HTML5, Shadowbox and W3C Validation

jwl
Hi, just stumbled across the same problem.

What I did is basically a four-step process:

* make a backup copy of shadowbox.js

* in your HTML5 replace all occurences of
  rel="shadowbox" by data-rel="shadowbox"
  (adjust appropriately for albums, etc.)

* in your shadowbox.js replace all occurences (2 in my case) of
  getAttribute("rel") by getAttribute("data\-rel")

* save your shadowbox.js in the original location.

Et voilĂ ! rel-errors be gone!

Hope this helps,

jwl

Re: HTML5, Shadowbox and W3C Validation