How to change the text in the status bar link address?

How to change the text in the status bar link address?

Dori
I would like to change the default text that appears when i Rollover a link or in some cases i would like not to show any text but a null status. is it possible to do? I'm a graphic designer (not a developer) so please try to keep it simple for me :) 10x

Re: How to change the text in the status bar link address?

HenzeBerkheij
onmouseover= "window.status=''"

Re: How to change the text in the status bar link address?

Dori
like this?

<a rel="shadowbox[bannersFlash];width=160;height=600" title="Flash Banners" href="banners_flash/160x600.swf" onmouseover= "window.status=''">01

it's not working.

Re: How to change the text in the status bar link address?

HenzeBerkheij
that's the idea...in what browsers does it work and what browsers don't?

Re: How to change the text in the status bar link address?

Dori
doesn't work on both: chrome and IE8