I am completely at a loss as to how to even start with Shadowbox

I am completely at a loss as to how to even start with Shadowbox

michaeltaylor
Hi Everyone,

I'm completely at a loss as to where to start to get Shadowbox working.

I know I'm being thick, but don't really understand what I need to do to make a start.

I have some small thumbnail images and larger versions of them (JPEGs) and have downloaded the full 'shadowbox-2.0' folder.

The demo's look great, all I want to do is to create an Image Gallery (slideshow).

I'm very confused and need someone just to help me get started - very, very basic please.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Michael

Re: I am completely at a loss as to how to even start with Shadowbox

michaeltaylor
Please can someone help me get started.

Re: I am completely at a loss as to how to even start with Shadowbox

build

Re: I am completely at a loss as to how to even start with Shadowbox

Alex Hadik
I taught my self by downloading the Demo page on the Shadowbox website and opening it in TextWrangler. I was able to find the code examples I need, and replicate them within my own website. You should be able to see within the example code the image files or web addresses that the ShadowBox is drawing from. You need to alter these to the images you are using. Then upload your html page with the shadowbox script in it, along with your images, and the Shadowbox files to your server IN THE SAME FOLDER. Try that. I am terrible at coding and I was able to figure it out so you should be able to piece it together.