IE6: shadowbox is empty

HeleneZS
This may not be the right forum for this question, because my box is opening just great, and in Safari, Firefox, and IE7 it looks wonderful.  But in IE6, the shadowbox is opening, but the content never loads.  It just leaves an empty white box.  Do you know what may be wrong?

It's a Flash movie which is loading a monoslideshow, and also loads other content from the same XML file.  There are also a couple of static elements that I would have expected to see even if the monoslideshow or the XML file failed to load.

Thanks for this wonderful script and for your help.

-Helene

Re: IE6: shadowbox is empty

HeleneZS
I would like to add:

I just discovered that display in FireFox for Mac is intermittent.  It shows most, but not all, of the content, and if I click in the shadowbox, all the content disappears except for the part I clicked on, such as the specific image or text field.  If I click on an empty area, the whole Flash movie disappears.  I wonder if the Firefox and IE problems are related?

Here's a link: http://www.millerdesignworks.com/tests/gtp_new/content_test.asp

Re: IE6: shadowbox is empty

HeleneZS
I see that in other posts, this problem is caused by a missing doctype.  I have a doctype in there, but it's still not working.  Is there anything wrong with this doctype?

-Helene

Re: IE6: shadowbox is empty

HeleneZS
I solved the IE problem.  It turns out that IE doesn't display plain .swf files, I don't know why.  So I had shadowbox load an html file instead, and that did the trick.

I'm still finding that FF for Mac is behaving strangely -- mouse clicks cause elements to disappear and appear.