IE8 Script Error: 'script.parentNode' is null or not an object

IE8 Script Error: 'script.parentNode' is null or not an object

R-Enemy
I'm getting this error in swfobject.js, line 14 character 713.  Everything appears to be working fine so I'm not too concerned.  I just don't like seeing the error icon at the bottom of the page.  I've tested this in Firefox and no errors are being reported there.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?

Thanks.

Re: IE8 Script Error: 'script.parentNode' is null or not an object

jrotondo38
I was getting this error in all versions of IE (6, 7 and 8). It turns out that if you are using Shadowbox to play swf and flv files, it automatically embeds swfobject as well. I removed my own reference to swfobject and the error went away, and the Flash files both on the page and within Shadowbox continue to work.

So don't link swfobject on any page that uses Shadowbox.

Re: IE8 Script Error: 'script.parentNode' is null or not an object

Jonathan
I'm getting the error in all versions of IE (6,7,8) and I am not calling swfobject on any of the pages. So I disagree that this error has to do with duplication of swfobject calls.

Re: IE8 Script Error: 'script.parentNode' is null or not an object

Austin
Thanks! Removing the swfobject reference worked for me as well. However, I am sure there may be multiple reasons for being prompted with this error.