Quantcast

JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

Joe F
Hello,

Like the subject states -JW FLV PLayer will not play audio (MP3s) in IE - Shadowbox opens but no player or audio.  Same page displays and play audio files fine.  I have the latest version of both ShadowBox and the JW Player.   If I change my options to play MP3s using QT then IE works fine though no controls for quicktime display.  Thanks in Advance!

<link href="/shadowbox/shadowbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"  media="screen">

Re: JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

Wizzud
<a rel="shadowbox;player=flv;options={flashVars:{type:'sound',image:'gallery/1_02.jpg'}}" href='gallery/1_02.mp3'>MP3</a>
...works for me in IE6/7/8 (WinXP)

[ I haven't configured the .mp3 extension into Shadowbox's ext array, hence the specification of the player=flv ]

Re: JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

Joe F
That worked perfectly...thank you so much!

Happy Holidays!
PB

Re: JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

PB

To play mp3 files in JW Player Window simple edit shadowbox.js and change

S.flv.ext=["flv","m4v"]

S.flv.ext=["flv","m4v","mp3"]

regards

Re: JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

stephenz
I think Moyea Web Player is better than JW player. This is tutorial for customizing Flash video player for website, you will like it - http://www.playerdiy.com/support/tutorial/customize-flash-video-player.html
DIY Flash video player for Web

Re: JW FLV Player not playing Audio files in IE but everywhere else

Fiddlerman
I am not able to get any audio to play using the JW player either. Have enabled FLV and FLV support in shadowbox as well.
Any suggestions. I can't find those edit options you guys are speaking of.

Here is an example of a page that won't play the MP3's
http://fiddlerman.com/2013/11/fiddlermans-silent-night-christmas-group-project-2013/

Thanks