Link to external link from SB image?

alvarez12406
I would like to link my SB images to an external link.  Is this possible, and if so how?

Thanks in advance from a SB newby.

Re: Link to external link from SB image?

CodeMonster
Going to need more info....

Something like the examples on the home page (Vimeo and Google Video)?

or something different

Re: Link to external link from SB image?

arttronics
You can place simple markup in the TITLE area for shadowbox.

Just note that I used single quotes since you most likely have double quotes for the shadowbox call.

The example above will open a new tab. For a page redirect, use target='_self' or just remove the target attribute altogether.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Sorry about that. I know how to link in the title. I'm looking to link the image itself. I am using the SB to display screen images o web sites. Instead of linking to the external site from the title, I would like the user to be able to click on the SB image itself if they want to view the external site.

Re: Link to external link from SB image?

CodeMonster
Ok, thanks for the additional info.

Check out an earlier post about this: forum page

Re: Link to external link from SB image?

arttronics
The forum link that CodeMonster provided looks like a valid solution, with the updated markup on page 2 for the newer version of Shadowbox.

Just in case you want an easier non jQuery solution, you might consider using Shadowbox SWF Player and call up your image that's wrapped in a compatible player. Then you can attach a link to the image itself with that players options.

Alternately you can use the Shadowbox iFrame Player too, but this will not scale your image unless it too is presenting a HTML document that is in a Flash Image Player.