Motion JPEG & Firefox

Buell
I have a webcam which streams mjpg (Motion JPEG) and I'm able to pull and view the stream in my browser.  This has been tested in Chrome, Firefox, Safari & IE without any issues.  The problem is that when I pipe the mjpg stream through shadowbox it works in all browsers except Firefox.  Anybody have any experience with this?  Do I need to define a player in my link?  It may be worth mentioning that shadowbox works as expected with images in Firefox.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: Motion JPEG & Firefox

HenzeBerkheij
How did you accomplish this?? html, swf, iframe?? if not html or iframe..try that!

Re: Motion JPEG & Firefox

Buell
I let it auto detect initially.  Tried specifying iframe and got the same results, no video.  When specifying html it just showed the src text.  Also of note, when specifying iframe or allowing it to auto detect, the page shows that it is streaming the content, just not displaying it.

Re: Motion JPEG & Firefox

Buell
Solution was to build out another html page containing only the stream and iframe it in.  Not an ideal solution but it works consistently across all browsers.