No control of background color in final release?

No control of background color in final release?

Englyst
Hi.

Just got the new Shadowbox 2.0 final release downloaded and applied to my site.

Is it no longer possible to control the background overlay color anymore? I can see the 'overlay.png' has gone in the new skin.css file.

Thanks!

Re: No control of background color in final release?

zulaica
The option is overlayColor.

Re: No control of background color in final release?

Due to some problems that IE has with transparent PNG's, I reverted to the v1 method of using the overlayColor and overlayOpacity options. It's not as clean from the point of view of the skinning API, but it's the simplest solution I could find. Besides, now you can set the overlay color/opacity dynamically!

Re: No control of background color in final release?

Englyst
Thanks, but I must admit I'm having some problems figuring out how to set that option. I've tried different ways and shadowbox just gets disabled. I know I'm doing something wrong here. :p

Anyone care to give me an example init script? I'm using the base adapter. And the only thing I need to change is the overlayColor.

Thanks!

Re: No control of background color in final release?

Wizzud
Shadowbox.init({overlayColor:'#ff0000'});

Re: No control of background color in final release?

Englyst
Thanks Wizzud! I was sure I had tried that among other things but now it works

Re: No control of background color in final release?

jeroen duller
The background color of the area where the content is displayed can be changed in shadowbox.css on line 57

#sb-body,#sb-loading{
background-color:#ffffff;

I have set it to FFFFFF to set the backgrond to white.

Re: No control of background color in final release?

Elizabeth Shaffer
I've tried numerous time to change the background color to white. I changed the shadowbox.css #sb-body,#sb-loading{background-color:#ffffff;} but that didn't do it.  I tried adding  #sb-body,#sb-loading{background-color:#ffffff;} to my extra css code area and when I save it works once and then it doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't really have a problem but I'm showing websites within the shadowbox and some of them there isn't a background so it takes on the black background. Help!!! Please!!

-ES
jay

Re: No control of background color in final release?

jay
anyway of choosing the overlay color inside the rel tag?
i'm using shadowbox to display a hidden anchor div through hyperlink - div HTML doesn't work so can't define background-color there - assume css won't do anything either.
something like this
""

{a rel="shadowbox;overlaycolor=#ffffff;height=500;width=700" href="#spec1">Basic Specification {/a}
{div style="display:none;"}{div id="spec1"}10 tonne{/div}

""

Re: No control of background color in final release?

vladar
In skin.css section #shadowbox_container, #shadowbox_overlay add:
background-color: #000000; (or whatever other that you want)