Play FLV with different player

Don Denton
I am trying to get shadowbox to play FLV files using a custom player that I made in Flash.  JW flash player works fine, but replacing the "player.swf" file in  libraries>mediaplayer doesn't work.  What am I missing/what code needs to be updated?

Re: Play FLV with different player

Wizzud
Do you need to make changes to players/shadowbox-flv.js (Shadowbox's 'player' for FLV files)?
shadowbox-flv.js is expecting to load JW FLV Player, so unless your player is set up in exactly the same way I would assume that just swapping out player.swf might not be enough?

Re: Play FLV with different player

Don Denton
That's exactly it.  I am wondering what needs to be changed in that file (or any other files).  I have just downloaded the source files to go over, but I am not really sure what I am looking for.

Re: Play FLV with different player

Wizzud
Well, swfobject.js is documented elsewhere, although I can't see it having to be much different in setup to what is there already.
As to flashvars ... you are really the only one who can know how your custom player is controlled?

Re: Play FLV with different player

Joel Gaujard
Hello everyone,

I want to use FlowPlayer instead of JWPlayer. Is it possible ?
Freelance web developer http://www.joelgaujard.info

Re: Play FLV with different player

Wizzud
Yes.
Replace shadowbox-flv.js with a version for FlowPlayer. You would also need to change the main shadowbox.js file as well, if you no longer need/want to use swfobject.

Re: Play FLV with different player

Joel Gaujard
Thanks for your reply, Wizzud.

What do you think about add an option for shadowbox to choose your flv player ?
If you're interested, we could work together on it.

Or is it better to choose any player directly in html and display it via shadowbox ?
Freelance web developer http://www.joelgaujard.info

Re: Play FLV with different player

mattyro
Try placing your swf, your swf skin file and your flv or whatever your swf links to in your public html folder directly... by that I mean don't put them in their own sub-folder, keep them on your server as you would an html file.

Re: Play FLV with different player

stephenz
Moyea Web Player ( http://www.playerdiy.com/ ) is a quick solution to broadcast flash video ( FLV ), live video stream, HD video, Youtube videos, etc on website and an easy-to-use program for creating personalized Web FLV player. With it, creating custom FLV player ( Flash video player ) with scrollable thumbnail playlist for website only needs a few mouse-clicks. And the skin of the web player can be easily customized.

This is an example for easily customizing the flash video player -
http://www.playerdiy.com/support/tutorial/customize-flash-video-player.html

Customize the skin and playback options of web FLV player:
http://www.playerdiy.com/configuration/
DIY Flash video player for Web