Playing FLV in flash

jnhaswell
my flash portfolio site link to shadowbox with the:

        ExternalInterface.call("openShadowbox",'movie.flv','flv','title');

Currently it will show the player skin, but no movie. IMG work fine, but the FLV and SWF are having issues. TO see an example my test site is: Http://www.jnhaswell.com - navigate to the links by clicking the CircuitBuy link and clicking on one of the thumbnails on the white panel. Any help is greatly appreciated.. at least I get the skin, but I'm not sure if that is even the JW FLV player that I loaded into the library.

Thanks,
JNH

Re: Playing FLV in flash

Wizzud
Do you see any errors reported in Firebug's Console tab?
Have you loaded all the required players in Shadowbox.init()? Eg:
Shadowbox.init({players:['img','flv','swf']});

Re: Playing FLV in flash

Jnhaswell
Thanks for the reply Wizzud. When looking at the firebug console and launching one of the FLV in Shadowbox I do see:

style="visibility: hidden;">

Of course this still is the case with IMG loading, and that works fine. I have the following code on my index.html page:

<script type="text/javascript" src="js/flashobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="shadowbox/jquery-1.2.6.js"></script>
Thanks,
JNH

Re: Playing FLV in flash

Wizzud
Are you using Shadowbox v2?

Re: Playing FLV in flash

jnhaswell
I realized I am. I'm loading v3 now and hoping that will solve my problem.

Re: Playing FLV in flash

jnhaswell
I think I'm getting a little closer. I've loaded v3 and the IMG are working again. I'm getting a blank 320px screen when I click on the FLV and SWF test thumbnails though. Here is the code I'm working with. I feel I'm missing something in the code (probably something very simple too):

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">
Thanks again for all your help - I know these questions must get old!
JNH

Re: Playing FLV in flash

jnhaswell
Removed:

    Shadowbox.setup("a.movie", {
        gallery:            "My Movies",
        autoplayMovies:     true
    });

};

Now I see the jwplayer skin, but now get the error: "video not found or access denied:Main Project_1.flv"

Searched through the forums but didn't find an answer to this for actionscript. Here is the code I'm using for actionscript:

function oncs2Click(e:MouseEvent):void {
        ExternalInterface.call("openShadowbox",'images/Main Project_1.flv','flv','testing');

JNH

Re: Playing FLV in flash

jnhaswell
Figured out the solution - this link explains it all: http://www.longtailvideo.com/support/forum/Modules/18346/-Video-not-found-or-access-is-denied-

Very simple solution. Thanks again for the help guys.

--------

Ah ha! To use a relative filename for a video file to be played on the home page (or any other page in the root of the public folder), don't just use videoflnm.flv or subfolder/videoflnm.flv

Instead, use /videoflnm.flv or /subfolder/videoflnm.flv

This is a bug in the player, but easy to work around.

---------

There is no bug in the player.

Relative URLs, absolute URLs, or full URIs are all supported.

For the origin of the relative path for FLV files, see the Tutorial Embedding Flash that is linked from this page. The section titled, "Flashvars Problems" explains it all.

Relative URL:
video/videofile.flv
Note that there is no "root" symbol.

Absolute URL:
/video/videofile.flv
Note that there IS a "root" symbol.

Full URI, with protocol, domain, and absolute URL including the "root" symbol:
http://www.domain.com/video/videofile.flv

---------

Re: Playing FLV in flash

stephenz
Hello! To display FLV in Flash, you can check Moyea Web Player that i use on my site. It is a quick solution to add FLV to web page and make custom Flash video player for website.
DIY Flash video player for Web