Posting Guidelines

Locked 6 messages Options

Posting Guidelines

Thank you for visiting the Shadowbox forum! This is a great place to learn about Shadowbox and get help with your specific implementation. In order to get help from the members of this forum, you need to help them help you. Do not immediately assume that because Shadowbox is not working on your site that there's a bug somewhere in the code! It has been thoroughly tested in a variety of situations on all major browsers, so the problem probably lies somewhere in your implementation.

Below are a few tips to help you get the most out of your time on this forum:

  1. If your request deals with your specific implementation, be prepared with a sample page! A live site will make it a lot easier for whoever is helping you
  2. Be sure you have read the usage instructions thoroughly and have followed them
  3. Make sure your web page is using either a transitional or strict HTML doctype as explained on the support page
  4. If you are looking for a specific option that you'd like to use and would like to make a feature request, be sure to check the list of already available options first
  5. Please search the forum! A lot of the same questions get asked over and over again, and you'll have better success getting a response if your question hasn't already been answered
  6. Check your site using a JavaScript debugger. Many times you'll see a JavaScript exception that will tell you exactly what is going wrong. In Firefox, you can use the JavaScript console, the Venkman Debugger, or the Firebug add-on. This series of screencasts demonstrates how to use the various debugging tools

If you want to post your HTML code to this forum, you need to escape it properly so that it is actually interpreted as plain text instead of HTML. To do this, use the &lt; character entity to start an HTML tag instead of the usual <. For example, if I wanted to display the following link in my post

I would enter the following text into the text field

&lt;a href="mypic.jpg" rel="shadowbox">My Picture!&lt;/a>

You can use the "Preview Message" button while posting to make sure that everything looks good while you're preparing your message.

Thanks, and enjoy using Shadowbox!

Warning: Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your post being deleted from the forum.

Re: Posting Guidelines

rakesh
hi,
 i am using shadow box in my codeigniter application  it is working for images but it is not working for swf files it is showing this error "uncaught exception: unknown player iframe" i did fallow user guide ,  i tried all solutions  but it is not working please provide solution

Re: Posting Guidelines

arttronics
@rakesh,

The topic of this thread is Posting Guidelines.

My post along with yours is subject to deletion by the administrator since it's off topic.

To receive help, create a proper post with an appropriate title for your Shadowbox issue and you'll get a response promptly!

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Posting Guidelines

Brandie King
The forum has (at least on the first page) quite a lot of spam posts :(

Re: Posting Guidelines

Neviqimka
How to close links from search engines??? I can not use the attribute rel="nofollow" because Shadowbox Media Viewer uses rel="shadowbox"!
Ana

Re: Posting Guidelines

Ana
Very helpful :)