Quantcast

Problem with Shadowbox media viewer Joomla plugin

Problem with Shadowbox media viewer Joomla plugin

Drahus
Hello,
I know, it`s horrible job, but I need help with Shadowbox Media Viewer 3.0b Plugin for Joomla 1.5 installed on Localhost.
I`ve not found yet any solution for this problem in the Forum.

Shadowbox`s image player works well.
If I copy and paste anchor tags of examples on your demo page, shadowbox plays it and everything looks good...
when I copy it from your demo page, it looks like:

 href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSnWhsmlGec&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1" title="Ebon Coast" rel="shadowbox;width=405;height=340;player=swf"

or

href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf" title="The Last Eggtion Hero" rel="shadowbox;width=400;height=225;options={flashVars:{clip_id:1893986,autoplay:'true'}}"

...it still includes some additional options like flashVars, dimensions, or PLAYER.

If I hold your documentation, try to write anchor tags in article editor like:

href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lSnWhsmlGec&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1" title="Ebon Coast" rel="shadowbox"

or

href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf" title="The Last Eggtion Hero" rel="shadowbox"

...then I can play without problem only google video (google video don`t have those additional options-player=swf or similar... ).
Vimeo, youtube and others don`t start any player, only overlay, or start only player and don`t find the video(vimeo).
It seems like the script can`t decide itself, which player to select(I turned on players in plugin parameters) and can`t add more necessary parameters to "rel" attribute. In FireBug I can see only the code, I`ve selected before, no additional options, or player parameters.

Could you, please, sort out my problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

Drahus

Re: Problem with Shadowbox media viewer Joomla plugin

Wizzud
In the standard article editor (Tiny MCE) in Joomla, the Insert/edit link function does not have the rel attribute, so you have to switch to source code mode (the Edit HTML Source button) and enter the rel attribute manually. Within source code mode you should be able to enter (and then subsequently Save) the full string required for Shadowbox, eg...
rel="shadowbox;width=405;height=340;player=swf"
or
rel="shadowbox;width=400;height=225;options={flashVars:{clip_id:1893986,autoplay:'true'}}"
Shadowbox can only automatically determine which of its players to use by the file suffix of the link's href. If the href does not end with a filename that has a suffix, or that suffix is not recognised, then Shadowbox needs to be told which player it should use. This is the case with YouTube movies, for example, and Shadowbox needs to be told to use its swf player, hence the need for player=swf in the rel attribute.
For images, Shadowbox does not need the width and height options to be specified in the rel attribute because it can determine them from the image itself. For other media, like movies, it needs to be told what dimensions it should use, to match the movie dimensions if possible. Options such as flashVars, for Shadowbox's swf or flv player, could be movie-specific or generic for all movies, but seeing as the plugin you are using does not appear to give you the opportunity to specify them for Shadowbox.init() they have to be entered as needed per movie.

Re: Problem with Shadowbox media viewer Joomla plugin

Claudionor