Problem with Shadowbox.open

Calophi
I am having problems with this issue with both the old version and new version of Shadowbox; however I decided to roll back to the old version because of the issue with the inline link options.

I have a site that throws up a survey for users to take. Sometimes it comes up when the user first enters the site, and sometimes it comes up when the user leaves the site.

Leaving works fine, as do all the video links on the page (because they are all generated by clicks, I think).  However when I use a Shadowbox.open call, I get an error and then all the rest of the javascript on the page breaks.

http://taketherightpath.com/row/professionals/index.html

You only get the error if your "survey" cookie equals 1, so if if equals 2 clear out your cookies/cache and try again.  You know you have the error if the poll to the right is stuck on "Loading".

Firebug is telling me "obj is undefined" on line 1216.  When I had Shadowbox 3 in there, I was getting an error about aa.style or something. Chrome's developer tool is saying "cannot read property 'length' of undefined" on the same line and IE says "'length' is null or not an object".

Re: Problem with Shadowbox.open

Calophi
Okay, I added a setTimeOut function to my code like this person did:

http://shadowbox-js.com/forum.html#nabble-td4157558%7Ca4157558

I wasn't triggering a click, but it seems like it worked fine. I wonder why it was having issues since I had it in a document.ready function. Funky.

Re: Problem with Shadowbox.open

A lot of these initialization/setup type issues were fixed in the final 3.0 release. By using an older version, you're not able to take advantage of the fixes.

Re: Problem with Shadowbox.open

Calophi
I was getting a completely different error when I switched to 3.0, something about aa.style.  I didn't have time to troubleshoot something completely different let alone change all of my inline options to conform to the new version, so I left it at the old version.