Quicktime - White before video plays

alct
For all my Quicktime videos, there is a quick flash to white before the video starts playing (after the loading icon and the Quicktime icon).  Has anybody else had this problem, and is there any way to get rid of it?

Also, my videos are only compatible with Quicktime 7 (H.264).  Will the appropriate link to download Quicktime come up if someone has an older version of Quicktime?  I am unable to check this because I have Quicktime 7 installed on all my computers.

Thanks!