Remove X from one SB only?

smappdooda
Is it possible to somehow CSS out the "X" close graphic on just one SB window?

I don't want to do it on ALL of them, just one so I can't alter the SB.css file.

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

DateinDateout

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

smappdooda
Thanx! Tho' it seems the link seems to just go to the main forum tho'...

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

DateinDateout

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

smappdooda
Ahh that makes sense. Couldn't you feasibly just create TWO SB.css (Shadowbox1.css for example) and just reference that instead of having to dupe whole folders? (he asked without trying)

Heck if you really wanted to you could just delete the X graphic in the second directory. The function would be there but no one would know it.

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

DateinDateout
Umm sure...really that's all I did...just moved the CSS to another folder is all. I just like to keep them separated is all. :)

But yeah just copy the CSS and rename it and drop it back in the same folder/directory as the original and then refrence that in your HEAD. As long as you call the correct stylesheet you are good :)

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

DateinDateout
Wait...I also now remember why I didn't rename the CSS. I was not sure if the script would call from he shadowbox.css if it was renamed to shadowbox1.css. I had tried it before but both my shadowbox.css and my shadowbox1.css were being refrenced to in my same header page. I didn't know how to make the script choose the right CSS.

So even if you only refrence one css like shadowbox1.css will the script recognize it? Test it out and let me know. I was super tired when I did it so I didn't test that one.

As for deleting the graphic...well if your css is in a different folder then it may not even call the graphic because the grahic is not in the same folder. So maybe you won't even need to edit the css. If you rename the css and still keep it in the same folder with the rest of the shadowbox files...for sure you will need to edit the css because remember that you still want the close X on some of your shadowbox pages.

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

smappdooda
Well I created a duplicate css file and just deleted the close graphic filename. The X was indeed gone, but the action was still there. (But since it's invisible, no one would know it was there. Out of site out of mind etc..)

So it works apparently. However, not for what I need exactly, but good to know aye?

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

DateinDateout
I'm curious now...what exactly do you need it to do?

Re: Remove X from one SB only?

scottgroovez
oldish thread, but you can set displayNav to false in the options object that is passed as a parameter when calling Shadowbox.open. Set a specific open to a specific link and you can hide the x on specific links.