Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

12

Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

DFC005
Is it possible to remove the scroll bar on HTML/PHP pages within the shadowbox?

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Change the CSS.

#shadowbox_content.html {
  height: 100%;
  width: 100%;
  overflow: auto; <-- change this

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

frogger
Hi,

I also looking to remove scroll bar and added the below:

#shadowbox_content.html {

  height: 100%;

  width: 100%;

  overflow: hidden; /* make html content scrollable */

}

But for some reason when I look at this using IE 6 the scrollbars still appear.
Any ideas ?

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

build
If I'm not mistaken that's an ie thing.

There are hacks. Try googling "css no scrollbar in ie"
But why bother for a few pixels?
hth,
build

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

frogger
Thanks for your comments.
I am trying to display a web page within shadowbox with no scrollbars,
For some reason when I am looking at this in IE 7 and firefox its fine.
Just IE 6 shows the scrollbars.

overflow: hidden;

Just doesnt do it for some reason.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

build
Yes it's the ie6 browser I believe.
As I said there are hacks. You can find them via Google. But! why bother?

hth,
build

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

frogger
I tried this and seemed to have worked:

body {

overflow: hidden;

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Wizzud
One word of warning : be very careful! Remember that you have absolutely no control over the size of the browser window that the user is using to view your web page, and if you hide iframed content by setting overflow:hidden you run the risk of the user being able to see only a partial page and not being able to scroll to see the rest of it.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Jason
Thanks Wizzud for heads up. Very much appreciated

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

RyOnLife
For some reason this isn't doing the trick for me:

#shadowbox_content.html {
  height: 100%;
  width: 100%;
  overflow: hidden;
}

Any ideas?

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Kassab
I've set 'overflow: hidden' to all elements, but scrollbars at IE still appear.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Kassab
Have done it by setting 'handleOversize: none' in shadowbox options.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

RyOnLife
Thanks for all the suggestions, but none of them seem to get the trick done (at least for me) in FF 3. Any other ideas?

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

faizaliqbaal
look into ur shadowbox-iframe.js and set scrolling:"auto" to scrolling:"NO".

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

eTard
"look into ur shadowbox-iframe.js and set scrolling:"auto" to scrolling:"NO". "

that worked perfect for me in IE on a Peecee.. thanks

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Rogério
Thanks  thats help a lot. finale work

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Anonymous
I changed the line

scrolling="auto"

scrolling="yes" style="overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: auto;

This gets rid of the horizontal bar and adds vertical bar only if necessary.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Will Fastie
I would like to see more control over this available through options. My case in point is displaying an HTML page set to precise dimensions. I want to insure that scroll bars never appear, in either dimension, and that Shadowbox-js makes no attempt to resize.

Just to be clear, I would set the body for the page to specific dimensions, like 850x560, then use those same dimensions as the height and width settings for that Shadowbox. It would be my responsibility to make sure the content fit in the space.

I was able to get this effect by modifying shadowbox-iframe.js as suggested above. I don't think that is a satisfactory solution, as it affects all instances.

www.fastie.com, Baltimore, MD USA.

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages

Blake

Re: Remove scrollbar on HTML pages