Resizing images in IE6

Simon
Hi there,

Resizing images in Internet Explorer 6 doesn't appear to work correctly. I have tried with and without defining the handleOversize option to 'resize'.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Simon

Re: Resizing images in IE6

What version of the code are you using?

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Carlos
It did not work on IE7 too. Im using 3.0b.
[]´s

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Simon
Yep 3.0b for me too.

Code works fine in Firefox 2 and 3, but not IE6 (not tested IE7 personally).

Re: Resizing images in IE6

sivel
Tested in IE6, IE7 and IE8.

The resize does not happen in IE6 or 7, acts as through handle oversize is set to none.

Also the box is right aligned and not centered in IE6 and 7.

IE8 seems to work fine.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

I'll have a look at this later this evening. Thanks for the bug report!

Re: Resizing images in IE6

I fixed the resizing bug, but was unable to reproduce the right alignment bug you're talking about. What I tried was using an image with handleOversize set to "resize". I tried both IE6 and 7. Do you have a sample page that demonstrates the problem you're talking about? I haven't pushed updated the code with the resizing fix because I'd like to investigate this issue a bit further and push it out all at once.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

sivel
The image I tested with is a 2000x2000 px png image.  The image can be found here: http://s.wordpress.org/about/images/logo-blue/blue-j.png

I have created a screenshot from IE7 which can be found here: http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9004/sb3boversizeie7.png

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Could you possibly put this online somewhere? I still can't reproduce the bug even with the large image you've given. I'd like to see it in action.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

sivel
Ignore my oversight.  It was actually a CSS conflict that was causing the right alignment.  I confused it for a shadowbox bug because I was testing the resize issue and noticed that it was right aligned in IE6 and 7 but not IE8.  I figured they were related without actually verifying that.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Hmm...I wonder if perhaps setting text-align:left on #sb-container would prevent that sort of behavior in the future?

Re: Resizing images in IE6

sivel
Adding that does seem to fix the css conflict I was running into.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Craig Anderson
I was experiencing the problem on this page:

http://testing.solidworksgallery.com/index.php?p=tutorials_general

I was able to fix it by adding the text-align: left as suggested.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

Calophi
This has solved my issue as well.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

This has been added to the code and will be the default in version 3.0 final.

Re: Resizing images in IE6

The fix is now available in the current beta download packages.