SB3 page load delay?

smappdooda
I just switched to 3.0.3 the other day and I noticed two things.
1. The loading animation is back which I kinda dig.
2. The box stays black until EVERYTHING loads. The earlier versions didn't seem to do this. No text is even visible which should be INSTANTLY viewable.

Is there an option to turn off or on to fix this so you see text and let the graphics or whatnot load in?

(I am talking about loading html pages by the way)

Re: SB3 page load delay?

Tim Kaufmann
Same problem here. I got a perfect setup of a shadowbox prepared for a customer who now complains that the site seems to hang. The "loading" animation disappears seconds before the fully rendered page is shown. I need to close that time gap, either by extending the time "loading" is displayed or by showing the page while the browser is still downloading additional data.

Tim

Re: SB3 page load delay?

dataload
Have a look at this post over here: http://shadowbox-js.1309102.n2.nabble.com/PDF-support-tp4721501.html, my guess would be that it's exactly the same issue, except that in the case of a web page the visibility is only being set once the page has completely loaded. Try removing the first line of code I mentioned and see if it helps.

Re: SB3 page load delay?

dataload

or if you didn't want to edit the javascript you could add this rule to shadowbox.css instead:

#sb-player {visibility: visible !important;}

to override the inline style

Re: SB3 page load delay?

smappdooda
That does seem to help. Awesome!