[SOLVED] Fullscreen youtube no longer works

[SOLVED] Fullscreen youtube no longer works

Jurgen Hofmann
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I use Shadowbox 3.03 and untill lately the &fs=1 parameter for embedded youtubes worked fine.
All of an sudden it stopped. I do see the fullscreen option but it says that 'fullscreen is unavaillable'. I have tried it in several browsers and two laptops.

I did not change the code:
rel="shadowbox;height=380; width=640; player=iframe;" href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lLtI2is-sks?version=3&autoplay=1&fs=1"

 i noticed however that the skin of youtube has changed so maybe that is a clue?

I hope someone can help me with this.

http://jurgenenkatja.nl/?p=89

Re: Fullscreen youtube no longer works

Jurgen Hofmann
I think that this is the same problem as described in this post:
https://github.com/mjackson/shadowbox/issues/41

Furthermore this website: http://brianwong.com/blog/2012-youtube-embed-code-autoplay-on-and-all-other-parameters/
Says that fs=1 only works in flash.

However, fullscreen should be enabled by default but it does not work when the embedded yt is opened in Shadowbox-js.
Is this a Shadobox issue or is yt to blame... or is it me and my terrible programming skills :(

Jurgen

Re: Fullscreen youtube no longer works

Jurgen Hofmann
I received the solution here:
https://github.com/mjackson/shadowbox/issues/41#issuecomment-140055030

Just open shadowbox.js and search for this line: var html='<iframe

and add allowfullscreen="true" right behind it:

var html='<iframe allowfullscreen="true"

Thanks!
Jurgen