Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
Hi,

Before adding the shadowbox (which is fantastic) to my web site I had the scrollbar colour. I had the following code in my css file. After the shadowbox script has been added the scrollbar has now gobe back to standard colour. How can I make it work with below code again please ?

BODY{
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #666666;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-face-color: #0078BE;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #666666;
scrollbar-track-color: #DEDEDE;

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

Hmm...absolutely no idea. What browser are you testing on?

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
Internet explorer 7... very strange

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
Does anyone else know why this is happening. Has it something to do with changing the BODY as I had some other code on the <BODY> section that I had to remove that was causing issues with shadowbox.

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

zulaica
Do you have a link for a test case available? It would be much easier to figure this out.

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
Try this link please

http://www.globalsurftag.com/new/

Below code is in http://www.globalsurftag.com/new/gst.css

BODY{
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #666666;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-face-color: #0078BE;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #666666;
scrollbar-track-color: #DEDEDE;
}

thanks
Jason

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

Wizzud
html {
scrollbar-arrow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #666666;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-face-color: #0078BE;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #FFFFFF;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #666666;
scrollbar-track-color: #DEDEDE;

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
Too easy. Thank you so much. So should the correct command be using html instead of body when changing scrollbar properties?

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

Apparently. It seems the body element doesn't properly apply those properties in this case.

Re: Scrollbar unable to change colour. Why is this so ?

frogger
No worries. Thanks again for everyones help.