Shadow Box Email Capture?

Mike
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to implement a shadowbox email capture like the one on this website:
vindicarlo.com

It pops up automatically for first time viewers and ask for the email address.

Has anyone here done this before?

Re: Shadow Box Email Capture?

Johnb270
Sorry I cannot help with the how, but I would really like to know how to do the same. Look forward to any responses you may receive.

Re: Shadow Box Email Capture?

otheroom
I don't know for sure but my guess is that they use a cookie to decide if the SB window needs to be automatically opened. If you look at the source of the page the first time you visit it you can see the window open code. On subsequent visits it's not there. This is probably done in PHP when the page is requested but you could probably do it all in javascript too.

Re: Shadow Box Email Capture?

Mike
Bump, anyone?

Re: Shadow Box Email Capture?

otheroom
You're not going to be able to do it just within SB, you're going to need some controlling code to decide what to do.

Have you tried accomplishing this with PHP or Javascript like I suggested?