Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

julesb
Hi

I'm using shadowbox.js on one of my website. I have noticed that on IE9 the prototype version of shadowbox didn't work. Could you provide some fix please.

Thanks
JAC

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

JAC
Dear Julesb:

I am using shadowbox, and IE9 some days ago.

I can tell that shadowbox works correctly.

The perfect example is the shadowbox page in "demo" page.

But i have one doubt, because in my web page (wich is a long page) the gallerys I have scrolling down the page, show de shadow box at the top of the page. Wen clicking you don´t see the image if you don go to the top of the page.

I`m sure that it has a solution because the demos page of shadowbox works correctly. If somebody have the solution please explain.
JAC

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

JAC
OK. Is not a proble form IE9. It happen de same with IE8. So the proble is mine but i don´t find a solution. Please help

Thanks, JAC
JAC

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

JAC
SOLVED!

I found the solution in this forum. The problem was the doctype.

So, Shadowbox works perfect in IE9 too.

By

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

julesb
Shadow Box on jquery works on IE9 just prototype version not. Have you tested Prototype version on IE9 ?

Thanks

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

julesb
I have tested Prototype version on IE6,IE7,IE8, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, IPhone, IPad and works fine just IE9 have a problems...

Any Ideas why?

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

Filippo Buratti
I can confirm the bug, although I have not tried to solve it

To this address (http://syn-ergo.com/dettaglio/147/), i use prototype.js and shadowbox with HTML5 doctype: IE9 strangely does not work with the modal plugin and the resource will open in a new window

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

Sean
Bump.  This is a problem for us as well.  We're using Shadowbox 3.0.3 with prototype.js.  Works brilliant in everything except IE9.  It appears that Shadowbox.init() is not properly associating onclick events or something.  Using the web developer toolbar (hit F12) and the JS console, I can call Shadowbox.open() to create an SB window... it's just not associating with the shadowboxed links properly.

Also - switching to compatibility mode lets it work as well... so that may be our hack workaround, to force IE8 compat mode.

A demo to test: http://fisher.osu.edu/offices/technology/services/web-services/web-tools/shadowbox/

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

Sean
A little more googling seems to indicate that this is probably a problem with prototype.js, and not with ShadowBox.

http://www.prototypejs.org/2010/10/12/prototype-1-7-rc3-support-for-ie9 seems to imply that there were big changes in IE's event model, and so prototype.js less than version 1.7 broke things.  Not everything, mind you, but some.  There's more evidence elsewhere, too (e.g., http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3919250/disable-a-link-in-ie9-prototype-stop-not-working).

So - maybe try upgrading prototype.js.  That's probably my next plan, too.

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

Adam
Hello,

Im having the exact same issue but with the latest version of prototype. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

Adam
ignore me!, hadnt changed the doctype to HTML5

Re: Shadow Box - Prototype - IE9 Problem

mjwouda
Yes! That is indeed the solution! I've changed this to the default HTML5 doctype and is working now! Thanks!