Shadowbox & Forms...

Soporose
Hi all.

Is there a simple way to open a web page as a shadowbox, immediately upon submitting a form?

I've searched far and wide and found a few references to something like this, but frankly I don't understand them. My HTML & Classic ASP is quite adequate, but I'm very much a JavaScript beginner.

Here's my form statement without any consideration for a shadowbox:

<form name="form1" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="/target.asp" onSubmit="return onSubmitForm();">

onSubmitForm() is a very simple form validation JavaScript snippet.

"/target.asp"
 is the page I want to open as a shadowbox.

TIA

Re: Shadowbox & Forms...

Rosie-L
I would also like to know how to do this.

Simple explanation for a beginner much appreciated.

Anyone?

Re: Shadowbox & Forms...

Soporose

Nobody?

If there are two of us asking for this information it's a good bet that there are others who could use it also.

Can somebody please provide guidance?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Shadowbox & Forms...

Rosie-L
Soporose, this seems to be a terribly difficult question we are trying to get answered.

Not one suggestion from any forum members, and it seems that even the moderator or developer can't respond.

Or maybe everybody except us knows the answer and they just can't be bothered lending a hand.

What's up with that?

Re: Shadowbox & Forms...

Rosie-L

Bump!

Still looking for some help with this.

Moderator? Developer? Anyone?

Re: Shadowbox & Forms...

mtech
Not sure if this is what you need, but it worked for me (mostly!):

http://shadowbox-js.1309102.n2.nabble.com/submit-forms-tp1376786p5453012.html;cid=1282576419483-119