Shadowbox and FLV player

Vitaly
Hi,

I am trying to play my demo-real video using shadowbox. Could you help me to make it work?
I tried to place the code inside the button but it won't open it in shadowbox.
www.vitalyburov.com
When you go to my page, click on demoreal button. It is the one I want to make to work.
Thank you!

Vitaly Burov

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

arttronics
This post was updated on .
The solution is to access Shadowbox from the iframe page by using window.parent syntax combined with Shadowbox.open to play your Video Reel.

<script type="text/javascript">

    function SBdemoReel(){

        window.parent.Shadowbox.open({

            content: "../demoreal/VitalyBurov_Demoreal.mp4",
            player: "flv",
            title: '<font style="color:#00ff00; font-size:20px; text-align:center; display:block;">Demo Reel of Vitaly Burov</font>',
            width: 720,
            height: 480

</script>

Example of HTML formatting in the title bar is also shown, change as required. Replace the Demo Reel Button anchor tag with this version.

EDITS: The path to the video has been updated and the onclick is now a function.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

Vitaly
It didn't work.
I put the script right under the one that tells shadowbox.js to open the images.

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

arttronics
There are three mistakes to fix.

1. The function should be moved from the index.html page to the gallery.html page.

2. The path to the .mp4 file needs to be updated. See new EDIT change in previous post.

3. The onclick needs to be calling a function. See new EDIT change in previous post.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

Vitaly
Hi,

I changed position of the code from index.html to gallery.html. I also, fixed the spelling from demo real to demo reel. And, still it is not working.
I notised that if I put the code inside gallery.html , it will only open within that window. Is there a way to make it open like the pictures (outside the iframe)?

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

arttronics
You did not follow my previous instructions about the function for the onclick.

Change:
onClick="SBdemoReel; return false;"

To:
onclick="SBdemoReel(); return false;"

Also, you did not follow my previous instructions about the PATH name.

Change:
content: "demoreel/VitalyBurov_Demoreel.mp4",

content: "../demoreel/VitalyBurov_Demoreel.mp4",

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and FLV player

Vitaly
I would never notice those mistakes. Thank you for pointing out to them. Everything works!!!