Shadowbox and flashplayer preloader

Vitaly
I was testing my demo reel and noticed that the loading time takes too long. I know the file size effects the loading function but is there a way to make flash player to play the file when it is (lets say) 20% loaded? Also, I wish there was a way to see how much is loaded instead of the flower spinning.

Re: Shadowbox and flashplayer preloader

arttronics
The file size does effect the loading function of anything that needs to be downloaded first.

The only way to know how much of a file is downloaded is to use server-side scripting. jQuery has UI Effects of a Download Percentage Bar but it requires that you meet this minimum requirement.

That said, it looks like your mp4 file is not encoded for streaming use and is why the whole file needs to be downloaded before it's played back.

You can upload your mp4 video to YouTube then use that link which will deliver streaming content instantly.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.