Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
Hi,

I would like to know how to make shadow box to open-up on top of framesets. Is it possible to make it work? Can you tell me how?
My website contains index.html,
left.html, right.html, bottom, top and home.html.
When someone loads my web they will go to my index.html which contains all 5 frames and my main window is home.html which has the pictures. The problem is that when someone wants to look at an image it only opens inside home.html but I wish it opened over index.html
This is my homepage, www.vitalyburov.com
Thank you!

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

arttronics
I looked into framesets, Shadowbox use in them, and JavaScript in general and did not see easy solutions.

Since you are using you index.html page to provide centering of your website and nothing more, using a different index.html page that does it better will then allow you to use Shadowbox from this parent page.

For example, right click the file below to save to your hard drive and test it as your new index page:
newIndex.html

Next, for your other web-pages with image maps, remove Shadowbox from those pages completely and include this new window.onload function to use:
<script type="text/javascript">
    window.onload=function(){
        window.parent.SBloadImageMap();
    }
</script>

You then have Shadowbox image maps working for all your webpages and it will appear over the centered website layout.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

arttronics
Edit required to the html file. Change width from 998px to 999px.

Actually the above is not entirely correct. Certain webpages that are in the iframe has gif spacers and not all pages are exact in size. To fix for cross-browsers, as in IE the scrollbars do show, use this style in your iframe pages such as 2d, 3d, etc.

    body {
       overflow:hidden;
    }

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
Everything works great now.
Thank you, Arttronics!!

But now, I don't know why the preloaded makes shadowbox not to work. Is there another way to preload my images? Every time someone opens my page, they will see the pisses...
One more thing, how to make the # of pictures to show under certain gallery.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

arttronics
Ohh snap!

I made a mistake and used gallery.html in the newIndex.page you have.

Just change gallery.html to preloader/loader.html and your preloader is back in the game.

Also, your gallery.html has a small error here:
new_item ("immage/gallery_01",577,70);

The above folder should be images instead of immage.

If you want to have all 2D images to be in one gallery and all 3D images to be in one gallery use this new Shadowbox.setup for the newIndex.html file.

         Shadowbox.setup( window.frames[ "content" ].document.getElementById("nm").getElementsByTagName("area"),{

                gallery: "myGallery",
                counterType: "skip"

         });

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
Hi Arttronics,

Looks like everything is working properly but not the preloader. I did direct index.html to /preloader/loader.html instead of gallery.html. But now shadowbox is not working. Is there a way to fix it?
Thank you many more times!!

Vitaly

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:41 PM, arttronics [via Shadowbox] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://shadowbox.1309102.n2.nabble.com/Shadowbox-and-frameset-tp7405497p7408436.html
To unsubscribe from Shadowbox and frameset, click here.
NAML

------Vitaly------

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

arttronics
"Looks like everything is working properly"
"not the preloader"
"now shadowbox is not working"

That simply does not make sense.

I tested locally and the preloader works. I also tested your website in Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Safari and both the image-preloader and Shadowbox works.

You might just need to empty your browers cached files.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
Hi,
I just tested my page on a different computer and still doesn't work right. It shows the pictures but not inside the shadowbox like it would do it. I don't understand why it works on your computer but not mine. I think it could be because of the preloaded script... Maybe it makes shadowbox.js to function incorrectly.
http://www.vitalyburov.com

http://shadowbox.1309102.n2.nabble.com/Shadowbox-and-frameset-tp7405497p7411134.html

------Vitaly------

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

arttronics
I revisited the webpage just now and both the preloader and Shadowbox are working great.

Here is a captured screenshot from Firefox during the quick image pre-loading instance:

Here is a captured screenshot showing Shadowbox over your centered website:

As I see, everything is functioning correctly in all browsers.

What is it that you are expecting?

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
You are right!
I just checked it with nook color and it is working but why it won't work on safari(Mac.)?
Thank you for helping me with salving the problems!!!

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
Dear Arttronics,

I need your help again with getting things to work. I redesigned my web page to something different... I have an iframe inside my index.html and 3d.html that contains my images.
Could you take a look, www.vitaliyburov.com
the shadowbox is not working and I cannot find the right code anywhere.
Thank you for your time in helping me and others who will have the same thing coming.

Re: Shadowbox and frameset

Vitaly
I solved the problem. Thank you!

http://shadowbox.1309102.n2.nabble.com/Shadowbox-and-frameset-tp7405497p7580470.html