Shadowbox kills Silverlight in SP 2010 on IE (but not Firefox)

Shadowbox kills Silverlight in SP 2010 on IE (but not Firefox)

craig vertigan
I have put the Shadowbox javascript in place on our SharePoint 2010 system. Placing the Shadowbox files in the site assets and calling the js file with the following in the masterpage.

Shadowbox works fine on all pages where we use it. But we have just discovered that the survey response form Silverlight pop up has died in IE (we are using IE8). Silverlight popups still work in other parts of Sharepoint but not for surveys. It works in Firefox perfectly.

If I run IE in debug mode it stops with an error of: 'listName' is null or not an object

at this line in core.js: if(d.listName.toUpperCase()==a.toUpperCase())

But interestingly when I click continue in the debugger the silverlight popup works. So it only works when debugging in IE.

Also I discovered that having the shadowbox.js and shadowbox.init code kills the add web part links in a web parts page in Internet Explorer. It stops the ribbon from expanding to show the web parts available. But of course it all works perfectly in Firefox!!! Unfurtunately most of our users will have IE rather than firefox, so I need to try getting it to work in IE!!!!!

Has anyone else managed to get Shadowbox to work in Sharepoint 2010 without killing it in IE? If so how did you set it up?

Craig

Re: Shadowbox kills Silverlight in SP 2010 on IE (but not Firefox)

Andy
Hi

I have the same issue. I have just added shadowbox to SP2010; it works perfectly well but has stopped the 'Add web parts' ribbon working. As with you, it works fine in Firefox.

Has anyone managed to reslove this issue for IE? I have tried it in IE8 & 9 with the same problem.

Thanks

Andy

Re: Shadowbox kills Silverlight in SP 2010 on IE (but not Firefox)

craig vertigan
I still have no solution to the problem. If I find one I'll post it here. ;)

Re: Shadowbox kills Silverlight in SP 2010 on IE (but not Firefox)

dawirick
I have the same problem.

I used the "Developer Tools" built into IE8 to track the error which, according to the "tools", is a "Type mismatch" in "wpadder.js...line 2 character 13993".  The "mismatch" causing the error is "...for(var b is this._cats)g.appendChild(this._cats[b].el)...".  The g is character 13993 in line 2.

Hope this helps someone more knowledgeable than me troubleshoot this.