Shadowbox not working!

Jaime
I am trying to use shadowbox on our site: ://www.luxedesignerhandbags.com/
(see links on top-right for CBS and FOX)

But when you click on either it just goes directly to the video page, in full screen. Shadowbox never opens.

any idea why?

Re: Shadowbox not working!

arttronics
404 Page Not Found for your shadowbox.js and shadowbox.css files.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox not working!

CodeMonster
looking at your code in FireBug it looks like you are referencing the shadowbox.css and shadowbox.js strange:

<link media="all" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0066/5272/assets/shadowbox.css?205480">
</link>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0066/5272/assets/shadowbox.js?205480">

try linking to them without the ?205480

Re: Shadowbox not working!

Jaime
Fixed the links, it is still not working...I can't link without the ?205520, it is added by the server automatically, but it was working originally. Don't know why it stopped working.

Re: Shadowbox not working!

arttronics
The Shadowbox Usage section explains that you need to upload the files to your server. I see that you are leveraging the hosting from a different server.

Try hosting the Shadowbox on your own server, or perhaps you can use the Shadowbox API path command.

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Shadowbox not working!

Jaime
That is my own server, all of the files are hosted in the same place. Like I said, it was working before and suddenly it stopped working.

Re: Shadowbox not working!

arttronics
I don't think your hosting company  http:// www.shopify.com  is your own server. That hosting company is providing the Shadowbox script for you. I am sure something has happened on the back end. After all, you originally started this thread with missing a Shadowbox script.

I think something was reset and your shadowbox.js could be corrupt or it's an incorrect version (the ? with digits could mean it's a Shadowbox version with particular features).

I was recommending that you get the Dynamic Download version provided here and host it yourself, or at least look at the available Shadowbox Download Options you have at your disposal.

Try a reinstall of the Shadowbox that they provide and set any necessary folder and file permissions.

A tool such as Firebug for Firefox can help you look at the errors in the console (F12). You have several major errors happening at your site... for one: Shadowbox is not defined is where you should start looking.

You might want to check with Shopify forums if there is a Shadowbox Dashboard of sorts that they implemented into your e-commence store.