Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

John B.
I have successfully launched shadowbox from Flash in Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. IE7 will not launch shadowbox at all; it will not do anything! I am quite confused as to why. I am using Vista with IE7 and I have included the AS code below with a link to the html. You will need to click on the Help button on the site to launch Shadowbox. Any help would be appreciated I am going bald with this problem.

AS3

help.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN, helpLink);
function helpLink(e:MouseEvent):void {
        ExternalInterface.call("openShadowbox");
}

Website Link
Website

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

myswerveon
I have the same problem!
http://greengroupstudio.com/portfolio_3d.html
Can anyone shed some light on this!  I invested a lot of time preparing my portfolio for the use of Shadowbox, and I feel that this is a dealbreaker if we can't fix it (not to mention that image swap requires a huge php footer workaround to have 2 different Java scripts).

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

Rene
Same Problem here :-/

did anyone found a solution for this yet?

regards, Rene

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

taihan
Help? ANyone?

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

lukasig
me too... have been struggling with it for 3 day now

ANYONE PLEASE
Rob

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

Rob
I have the same problem !

ie7 doesn't do anything !
ie8 works fine
haven't tested ie6 yet

help would be much appreciated!
Rob

Re: Shadowbox not working with IE7 using Flash

Rob
Ok I found the mistake myself !

But for everyone who might has the same problem:

check whether or not the ie shows a little  yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it on the left bottom corner of your browser window.
double click on it. the appearing window will tell you in which line of your html the mistake is.

In my case I forgot to leave the last option of the shadowbox.open function without a comma.

  Shadowbox.open({
        content:    content,
        player:     player,
        title:      title,
        height: height,
        width: width        // no comma !!!!!!!
    });

hope this helps people who encounter the same problem.

so now my flash buttons open up shadowbox   in ie7  on vista x64.

don't know what about ie6 ( haven't figured out a way to install ie6 standalone with flash?!)
now i'm going to install  ie8 again but I guess everything will work just normal with the newest browsers.