Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose

Dear Mr Moderator / Mr developer,

Another poster and I have tried and tried to get an answer to a shadowbox question.

Unfortunately our every attempt has been completely ignored, so I am abandoning that thread and starting this new one.

Here is the question:

---------------------------------

Is there a simple way to open a web page as a shadowbox, immediately upon submitting a form?

My HTML & Classic ASP is quite adequate, but I'm very much a JavaScript beginner. Still, I have managed to implement shadowbox in various other scenarios, so I'm sure I can get this going with a little help.

Here's my form statement without any consideration for a shadowbox:

<form name="form1" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data" action="/target.asp" onSubmit="return onSubmitForm();">

onSubmitForm() is a very simple form validation JavaScript snippet.

"/target.asp" is the page I want to open as a shadowbox.

---------------------------------

If this is impossible to do, please say so.

If it's just too simple to be worth your time, please make the effort anyway.

TIA

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose

Bump.

Still looking for a response!

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose

Does this forum actually have a moderator or a developer?

Just continually being ignored like this is disgraceful.

Why is it not possible to even get an acknowledgment to this question?

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose
I first posted on this topic on February 14, going on five weeks ago as of this writing (Original post: http://n2.nabble.com/Shadowbox-Forms-tp4569359p4569359.html).

In that period I have received three e-mails from other forum participants saying how disappointed they also are with the level of support. This latest message just received is typical of the three:

I've removed his identity only because I assume if he wanted it known he would have posted publicly on the Forum.

Unfortunately his e-mail address tip was incorrect -- wrong Ben.

So Mr Moderator, to my certain knowledge there are now three people who sent me e-mails, plus Rosie-L who made several additions to the original thread, plus myself, who would all like an answer to the question I posed. And since nobody else has been able to answer I think it's a safe bet that there are others as well.

Yet after repeated requests over a one-month period not a single response.

What on earth is going on?

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

gpaone
In your onSubmitForm() function did you try using the shadowbox 'open' method?

function onSubmitForm(){

     Shadowbox.open({
          content : 'target.asp',
          height : 500,
          width : 500
     });

     return false;
}

I'm still fiddling with it for my purposes but this might be what you're looking for.  May not be the exact code to make it work but it's something to start with.

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose

Thanks for the input gpaone.

I still haven't been able to get it working but my JavaScript is practically non-existent so I could easily be making silly mistakes.

If you get a working solution would you please post back here?

Many thanks.

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose
Bump.

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose

And still no solution so...

Bump again!

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

Soporose
And again...

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

ThreeSwords
Post all your code, may will try to help you.

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

ThreeSwords
onSubmit="return onSubmitForm();

Put off this "return"
And write

onSubmit="onSubmitForm();"

In your <head> balises there should be your javascript function:

<head>

Re: Shadowbox on Submit of a Form

ThreeSwords
Here is a complete example:

<head>

<form action="yourpage.php?" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="GET" onSubmit="onSubmitForm();">
<input type=submit value="Submit">
</form>