Struggling with IE compatability

BlueMomo
Hello everyone,

First off, thanks for making Shadowbox. It's pretty and I like what it does. :)

Now on to the drama:

meet my portfolio site

http://pilsje.net/joost/SaldamarCity.html

I've been experimenting with shadowbox to make each of the three pictures on the site have a little gallery behind it. And so far I thought I'd been doing quite well, until I took my first look at the same site in IE 8.

As far as I can tell there are two problems here:

1. When I open a picture in IE, the shadow overlay is created at the top of the webpage and refuses to move with the screen when it's being scrolled. This results in quite an ugly representation, since it works perfectly in Firefox however, I wouldn't even know where to begin fixing this.

2. To get Firefox to show the pictures in the right sequence (instead of starting at the last one) I had had to experiment a little with their placement in the HTML code. The way it is now works well in Firefox, but actually manages to screw up the table placement in IE.

I hope some of you webpage savvy people can help me out with this, I have no clue if I'm asking silly questions or not (sorry if I did :-p) but I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks for your time

BlueMomo

Re: Struggling with IE compatability

photoart
Yourpage has no valid doctype on the top, try to replace the line 1 character <html> in your html-page with this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

Re: Struggling with IE compatability

Lilou
Hi Bluemomo,

Yes, you should follow the instructions given in this page about the compatibility with several browsers. It worked well for me. :)

http://www.shadowbox-js.com/support.html

Lilou

Re: Struggling with IE compatability

Del M
I tried this as well but it doesn't work. Still have the same problem as described above with the shadowbox not following the page when you scroll down. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Struggling with IE compatability

ltooz
Force the troublesome ie8 compatibility mode OFF, never exist on your website

explanation here

The new ie9 is slow. MS can't do anything right with their browsers, but people have to use them, what can you do?

Hope this work for you,

Louis