Thumbail Gallery

Damon
Greetings. Have had Shadowbox for a few years now. I am redesigning my website and would like to use thumbnails instead of numbers for the counter. I have searched through the forum and found plenty of questions about how to manipulate thumbs, etc, but no instruction on how to achieve it. I see that the version is still 3.0.3

A while back I found that Pete Mitch did a nice version and I used it somewhere, but went back to numbers. (not sure why)

http://shadowbox.1309102.n2.nabble.com/Using-thumbnail-images-for-counter-navigation-in-Shadowbox-3-td2720845.html

Can't find his code anywhere now. I found another coder who did a similar version, where the thumbs were nested at the bottom of the page, but want the thumbs nested underneath like in the photo above.

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated. I have the current version of Shadowbox.

Thank you.