Trouble with page links in Firefox and Safari

Trouble with page links in Firefox and Safari

Kent Pilkington
Browser: Firefox 2.0.0.13 and Safari 3.1 Win (works in IE 6.5 and 7)
Library: Mootools 1.11, Shadowbox 1.0 (neither have been modified/customized)
test URL: http://www.horizonhomesdfw.com/Website.nsf/HO/Shadowtest.html

When I click on the link that should shadowbox the Google homepage, I get the following error in Firefox:
win has no properties
http://www.horizonhomesdfw.com/shadowbox-1.0/src/js/shadowbox.js
Line 1370

Here is the code surrounding that line:
1364 resizeContent(h, w, function(dims){
1365 showBars(function(){
1366 setContent(content);
1367 var win = (isIE)
1368 ? SL.get('shadowbox_content').contentWindow
1369 : window.frames['shadowbox_content'];
1370 win.location = obj.content;
1371 finishContent();
1372 });
1373 });

I also tried it with the YUI library and adapter that came with shadowbox (same result, but no error was logged in Firefox).

Any ideas?

Re: Trouble with page links in Firefox and Safari

IchDu

Re: Trouble with page links in Firefox and Safari

Kent Pilkington
No luck (same result, same error).  I made the change the shadowbox.js file (adding the '' element to the array) and confirmed in firebug that the change was, in fact, picked up.

Also, the Google homepage link is the only one that doesn't have an extension (unless links with querystring arguments count as not having an extension).

Re: Trouble with page links in Firefox and Safari

Kent Pilkington
Any other ideas?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

As soon as I have a minute, perhaps I'll try to trace around a bit more, but it seems pretty consistent that Shadowboxes that use iframes in Firefox are broken.  If somebody else is also using mootools 1.11 and doesn't experience this problem, I'd be really interested in hearing about it.  That would at least tell me that the problem is with my environment, or how I'm doing something.

Thanks,
Kent