Using a remote flash player with flashvars in a shadowbox

Using a remote flash player with flashvars in a shadowbox

jthompson-2
I have an embeddable video which is given to me in a format like below:

<embed src="http://www.foo-site.com/flashplayer/flvplayer.swf" flashvars="file=http://www.foo-site.com/playvideo/9607/playlist.xml" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Is there a simple way to set a link such that if I click on a piece of text click here I launch the shadowbox with the above player, passing it the xml file as a flashvar?

I read in a different post that I can call the player like:

http://www.foo-site.com/flashplayer/flvplayer.swf?file=http://www.foo-site.com/playvideo/9607/playlist.xml

but when I set that as the flvPlayer option in a link, the shadowbox doesn't appear.

If there is a way to do this, could someone please give me a quick piece of sample code?

Best,
John

Re: Using a remote flash player with flashvars in a shadowbox

Can you show some code or an example page?