Vimeo Question

Asher Castillo
Not very strong with coding, if I have a solid piece of code, I can change out parameters, etc. I've installed shadowbox on my Squarespace site and everything is working great, however I can't figure out how to use this with my Vimeo videos. Like mentioned before I'm not a strong coder. What I need to know specifically is how The embedding part of the process works. Does anyone have any codes they have gotten to work for them, advice or a walk through that explains how to create the code?

Thanks!

Asher

Re: Vimeo Question

Andy
I'm not much of a coder either but I got a Vimeo video to work. There are two things to make this work:

Insert this code to make sure all the video players will work:

<script type="text/javascript"> Shadowbox.init({ language: 'en', players: ['img', 'html', 'iframe', 'qt', 'wmp', 'swf', 'flv'] });</script>
Then in your link, insert this code:

< a rel="shadowbox;width=640;height=385;options={flashVars:{clip_id:XXXXXXX,autoplay:'true'}}" title="Video Title Here" href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf" >

Replace the "XXXXXXX" with the clip number which you'll find in the link for your Vimeo video. Delete the space the I intentionally entered after "<" and before ">".

That should do it.

Re: Vimeo Question

adam10
Hi i'm also trying to work out how to get shadowbox to play a Vimeo video, i've followed your instructions, the shadow box opens but says the video does not exist. I have replaced the XXXXXX with the number at the end of the URL, i presume this is the clip number you refer to.

Thanks.

Re: Vimeo Question

arttronics
This post was updated on .
The Vimeo website is having issues.

Accessing the site at http://www.vimeo.com/ is forbidden.

Try again later. For a Vimeo Shadowbox example, see this link.

EDIT: The site is back online. Use this unrelated valid ID for the above example since the old one has been deleted:
clip_id:"1084537",

When posting your markup here on the forum follow these simple steps:

0. Login and paste your markup into the Message Box.
1. Mouse select the markup you just pasted.
2. Press the More Button from the Message Box Toolbar.
3. Select Raw text from the drop down menu. DONE!

If I don't respond to your POST, it's your inability to provide your markup correctly.

Check out a few DEMOS I made that are here in this forum.

Re: Vimeo Question

dataload

If you don't want have to mess around with flash vars (and who would?) you can link to a Vimeo video like this:

<a rel="shadowbox;width=800;height=450" title="Vimeo Vid" href="http://player.vimeo.com/video/28786762?autoplay=1">link</a>

(just make sure you ticked the "External sites and pages" option when you downloaded shadowbox since you need the iframe player)

Re: Vimeo Question

arttronics
To complement petemitch alternate solution, you can append a AMPERSAND symbol for the next flashVars that is needed. Please note this method is called a flashVars Query String and will not work for flashParams for the Vimeo Moogaloop Player.

Alternately, you can include flashVars right inside Shadowbox rel attribute if need using my demo here.

For those users who have a lot of videos to link up for Shadowbox or those users who want to include other custom Shadowbox Options for a per-link basis, you can follow the original example provided in the Vimeo Demo except place all Shadowbox.setup files in an external JavaScript file for easier site maintenance of your Video Gallery, which coincidentally is the same method that the Shadowbox Home Page uses for it's own demos via the demos.js external file.