Vimeo Shadow Box

Marcos
Im using shadow box to embed vimeo videos, when i´m trying to do the example in tha page of sahdowbox the moogaloop player displays The video is unavailable for all the videos Im trying. You can see it in seteflores.es/grupo/ganjahrfamily so have I to use some api or activate my domain to embed videos.

Regards

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

dinnouti
you have to add in the players the swf, see bellow:

Shadowbox.init({
    language: 'en',
    players:  ['img',  'swf']

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

There is a Vimeo video on the home page that you can also use as a reference.

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

Nico
Hello, you have to enter into your "href", part of the embed code :
The URL looks like this : "http://player.vimeo.com/video/35372187"

Something strange, but the source code on the home page ("http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf") looks like wrong !

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

Sassy Lou
Could you be more clear about where to get the .swf file and where to put it?

I need clearer instructions from start to finish.

I've installed Shadowbox using Dropbox.
I have a Vimeo account.

Can you send a complete code with "FILL IN YOUR LINK HERE" type of instructions.

I've even followed the Shadowbox video instructions..but it only explains still images (.jpg) and I found out it's not exactly the same code.

Just not working.

Thanks

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box - SOLUTION in FULL

Sassy Lou
After hours of trial and error and taking bits and pieces of everyone's posts on this subject...here is the FINAL ANSWER that worked on using Shadowbox with VIMEO

INSTALL SHADOWBOX

http://shadowbox-js.com/download.html

(check all of them before you click download)
Use a dropbox account to put the files for shadowbox or put the folder somewhere on the internet that SQUARESPACE can reference later.

IN SQUARESPACE

Main Settings section choose:  CODE INJECTION

Paste this in your HEADER and SWAP out the Shadowbox file location

-------------------------------------- COPY BELOW

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://YOURSHADOWPLACE/SHADOWBOX/shadowbox.css">
--------------------------------------

DID you SWAP OUT the location in the "https://YOURSHADOWPLACE/SHADOWBOX" for the shadowbox.css  and  shadowbox.js files?

IN SQUARESPACE

ADD A PAGE - Choose "Page"

ADD A BLOCK - Choose CODE

Add this code below AND SWAP OUT your parameters.

COPY BELOW What's in between the Asterisks*** AND THEN  put a   <   before the paste and a    >    after pasting

-------------------------

***
a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=XXXXXXXXX&server=vimeo.com&color=00adef" rel="shadowbox;width=900;height=600" title="WHATEVERFrigginTITLEyouWANT">

 </a

***

AND SWAP OUT your own friggin parameters.

These parameters would be your....

VIMEO CLIP ID NUMBERS = XXXXXXXXXX
WIDTH and HEIGHT NUMBERS
YOUR THUMBNAIL Image Source - DROPBOX URL link to your THUMBNAIL IMAGE is used as an example

And you know what pisses me off about this issue...and these forums. I'm a complete beginner at this...I had to go to about 8 different sites to get this simple and combine these steps.

but now it's here for your pro-asses to enjoy!

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

tracerbot
<a rel="shadowbox; height=HEIGHT;width=WIDTH" href="http://player.vimeo.com/video/YOUR_VIDEO_ID">Your Link Text</a>

Re: Vimeo Shadow Box

Oscar
Thank you, it's the simple and the best way...