Quantcast

Vimeo in Wordpress

elijah m
Hi... I'm running Wordpress 2.8.6 and installed shadowbox via the Plugin installer. Everything is working well including youtube, however I have yet to succeed with Vimeo. I'm trying to use an image in the post as a button to trigger shadowbox to open with Vimeo.

Can anyone give me directions on how to make this work?

Thank you.

Re: Vimeo in Wordpress

Wizzud
Have you looked at the example on the home page?

Re: Vimeo in Wordpress

elijah m
I had looked at it before but wasn't getting anywhere, however I actually did figure it out a few minutes ago. Thanks for your reply though.

Re: Vimeo in Wordpress

Richard
Well, what did you do to fix it? Im struggling right now. Youtube works fine, cant get anywhere with vimeo. Looking at the source code for the site, the href is just http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf. No clip id or anything. I tried this, (with the title of my movie in the title field) but no dice. Any help?

Re: Vimeo in Wordpress

Check out the Vimeo example. You can pass whatever flash vars you want using the flashVars option.

Re: Vimeo in Wordpress

Richard
Thanks for the quick response!

Im a little confused. If Im using wordpress do I still manually enter Shadowbox.setup and flash vars in the markup? I tried the example, but nothing seemed to work.

Basically, I have a portfolio grid gallery. Each thumbnail is a different project. Some just link to images, which work fine, but a few link to vimeo videos and fail. What would be the best way to create a thumbnail link to play vimeo in shadowbox?

Thanks!