Vimeo

thingy2
Hi

I have had a good look through the forum trying to find how to get Vimeo video to open in Shadow box from a thumbnail image, but I've not found anything that works.

I'm using WordPress 2.9.2 and new to all this coding:)

I have checked all the examples that I have found, looking through the view sourse but seems I'm missing something!?

Would be grateful for any help

Thanks

Re: Vimeo

mon ti
I have the same problem (not using WP). I think the latest version is possible screwed up.

Unless someone has some insight on how to get it to work better.

Thanks.

Re: Vimeo

thingy2
Shadow box works well with Blip videos it's just Vimeo that I'm having problems with. Must be down to the script/code, would appreciate any help being a newbie

Thanks

Re: Vimeo

miloman
Hi guys, came across this code that worked for me:

< a rel="shadowbox;width=600;height=338;title="YOUR MOVIE NAME" href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=XXXXXXXX&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&autoplay=1" >

now, the only problem left for me is to get it to play in HD, but i feel Vimeo force you to go to their site :(
SC

Re: Vimeo

SC
I was testing out the shadowbox to bring up Vimeo videos using that code, but doesn't bring up the actual shadowbox overlay, the video plays full-screen.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong - I'm linking the right shadowbox js and css files...any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Vimeo

dataload

Make sure you ticked the option for Flash (swf files) when you download shadowbox. This works for me:

<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="shadowbox.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="shadowbox.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">Shadowbox.init();</script>
</head>
    <a rel="shadowbox;width=600;height=338;" title="YOUR MOVIE NAME" href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=15961376&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&autoplay=1">Vimeo</a>

Re: Vimeo

dustflakes
I have vimeo working in shadowbox remotely off my desktop but when i upload to the web it doesn't work
???. any help is appreciated.
-D
rc

Re: Vimeo

rc
That worked perfectly and must be the only answer out there. Thanks

Re: Vimeo

Brent Price
This method works great

Thanks

Re: Vimeo

nickoberg
DATALOAD's method worked great! i'm wondering how to have this work on iphones too? with it being a .swf

Re: Vimeo

nickoberg